Only a handful of brands in the market focus on how their products reach customers and help them. One such brand is Shea Moisture which is by the CEO of Sundial. These gave such big names and are ruling the big industry, but did you that there was a simple story that pushed the CEO Richelieu Dennis, and his team to make such an amazing product line-up for black women, and now the products appeal to anyone who has textured hair and so products that helps paper your skin irrespective of color, gender, skin type and much more.
- Throwing away societal and beauty standards is such a big thing, especially when you own a business, you are more likely to focus on the customers who are conventional customers who will keep buying the same products.
- But Mr.Dennis know something was up when a black woman with textured hair had to visit 5 to 6 stores and have a hectic day shopping for products that suit her hair. He understood what needs to be done in the market, and he did exactly that.
- He ditched all the harmful chemicals which weren’t necessary for people with wavy, curly, or coil hair. He filled his products with natural ingredients that moisturize and nourishes the hair. That’s how these products become cult favorites and still are.
- He did not create his brand overnight. He set up a stall to sell shea butter and African soaps for people of color with no harmful chemicals. He understood the business, and along with his team, he started delivering stuff that was picked up in New York.
- It sure did take 5 or more years for the company to come close to success, but now the success is immeasurable, and along with the million-dollar business, Mr. Richelieu Dennis also helps women find their confidence and helps them be an equal part of the community as well.
The story is pretty inspiring, for someone who set out to sell basic stuff, the success of the brands is tremendous. It wasn’t easy, but he understood what the market needs, and organized the messy system. Now if a woman of color needs to take care of her hair, all she needs to do is visit a local store and get the products stacked on the shelf, all because of the CEO’s hard work, vision, and goal to make the beauty industry equal for all. The products are a cult favorite, and they can become yours too. Go grab them to see what the rage is all about.